What are Managed Services?
Managed Services is partial or total IT management with unlimited support at a fixed monthly cost. Our managed services are designed to minimize technology risks and maximize productivity.
What are the benefit of Managed Services?
Cost savings, minimal downtime and increased efficiencies to name a few. Knowing that your technology is being monitored 24x7x365 by a single point of contact provides additional peace of mind. Delegating your technology management allows you to focus on your core business.
What are the primary Managed Services functions?
- Support – Fast, friendly service by qualified technicians. Secure remote service for quick resolution.
- Proactive Network and Systems Management – Monitoring key metrics such as resource utilization and logs.
- Network and System Security – Internal and external penetration tests with threat management.
- Data Protection – Backups and secure storage.
- Project Management – Implementing new technology that adds value to the business.
- Vendor Management – One point-of-contact to manage phones, broadband, cabling, electricians – all technology related items.
How do you offer support?
We use our ticketing system to track all incidents and follow through with persistent action until the issue is resolved. Secure remote support enables for the most timely resolution that can begin within minutes of an initial problem report. Periodic onsite support is preferred in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
What systems can be managed?
Managed services are available on every system we offer including video surveillance, network security, VoIP phone systems, wireless and information systems. Our program can be added to existing qualified networks/systems.
How does Managed Service differ from other IT Service models?
The “path-of-least” resistance is typical of break-fix models that often have unpredictable costs and service The “Most Qualified Employee” is a model that doesn’t always provide the best long-term solution and can end up costing more in the long run. “Block Time” is appropriate where requirements are well defined but can lead to overages when issues are encountered.
Contact us for a free, no-strings-attached consultation. We guarantee 100% satisfaction with our managed services and we’re ready to show you how!